Salt and vinegar Hasselback potatoes
- Serves: 4
- Ready in: 50 minutes
- New potatoes, 1kg
- Salted butter, 2 tbsp
- Extra virgin olive oil, 2 tbsp
- Malt vinegar, 2 tbsp
- Sea salt, 1 tbsp
- Preheat your oven to 180ºC.
- Scrub your potatoes under cold water. Dry with kitchen roll. Warm your butter and oil in a roasting tray, around 5 minutes.
- One at a time, place your potatoes into a large wooden spoon. Slice 2mm apart (widthways) through the potato until your knife meets your spoon. This should cut around 3/4 of the way through the potato.
- Carefully roll your potatoes in the hot fats of the roasting tray. Season generously with the salt. Roast in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Take your potatoes out of the oven. Gently baste the potatoes with a spoon, getting the fats into every crevice. Roast for another 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven. Toss the crisp potatoes in the vinegar in the roasting tin and serve hot.