- Serves: 2
- Ready in: 1 hour 30 minutes
A Korean take on a British picnic essential, this kimchi coleslaw is a shortcut on a vibrant side perfect for dinner parties and BBQs that can be made + stored of time in the fridge (along with the dressing) ahead of time.
- Napa cabbage, half
- Carrot, 1
- Spring onions, 8
- Black sesame seeds, 1 tbsp
- Garlic, 1 clove
- Sesame oil, 1 tbsp
- Fish sauce, 1 tbsp
- Kimchi paste, 2 tbsp
- Rapeseed oil, 100ml
- For the salad: Slice the napa cabbage lengthways into 8 strips.
- Slice the spring onion tops lengthways as thin as possible.
- Do the same as above with the carrot (use a mandolin then julienne the layers for best results).
- Place the sliced vegetables in a mixing bowl with the black sesame seeds ahead of applying the dressing.
- For the dressing: Place the white bottoms of the spring onions in a food processor with the grated clove of garlic. Whizz them up until fully blitzed.
- Add the remaining wet ingredients into the food processor and whizz until emulsified.
- Combine the salad with the dressing at the table, or store both in the fridge for a couple of hours until needed.