Loaded sweet potatoes
- Serves: 2
- Ready in: 1 hour 30 minutes
- Large sweet potatoes, 4
- Avocado, 1
- Jalapeno, 1
- Shallot, 1
- Lime, 1
- Coriander, Small bunch
- Sour cream, 4 tbsp
- Rose harissa, 2 tbsp
- Smoked paprika, 1 tbsp
- Extra virgin olive oil, 1 tbsp
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (gas mark 4, 360° Fahrenheit).
- Get your sweet pots washed and dry and transfer to a roasting tray. Cover them in the olive oil, smoked paprika and a pinch of salt and bake for 1 hour.
- Once cooked, gently cut down the top of the potatoes, being careful not to cut all the way through. Pinch the sides and squeeze to help them cool quicker.
- Dollop 1 tbsp of soured cream and 1/2 tbsp of harissa onto each one. Now you can get layering with chunks of avocado, shallot slices, a few leaves of coriander and whatever else you fancy.
This is a very rough guide to how I like to load my sweet pots when dinner rolls around. Of course, the same rule applies to a good old fashioned baked spud.