Plum, cardamom & black pepper crumble
- Serves: 4
- Ready in: 50 minutes
- Ripe plums, 800g
- Ground green cardamom seeds, 1 tsp
- Ground black pepper, 1 tsp
- Lemon zest, 1 whole fruit
- Plain flour, 200g
- Golden caster sugar, 150g + 4 tbsp
- Ground almonds, 50g
- Unsalted butter, 150g
- Begin by preheating the oven to 180C.
- Tip the flour, ground almonds, 150g of sugar into a food processor and whizz to mix. Cut the unsalted butter into cubes and add to the machine. Pulse until it just starts to come together and set aside.
- Slice the plums into quarters and place into a roasting tray. Sprinkle on the ground spices, 4 tbsp of sugar plus the zest of a lemon and stir together.
- With the back of your mixing spoon, gently flatten the fruit mixture out in the roasting tray. Pour on the crumble mixture, making sure to get into all the nooks and crannies. Put in the oven to bake for 30-40 minutes and serve with custard (obviously).