Roasted rhubarb, labneh & zaa'tar
- Serves: 2
- Ready in: 25 minutes
- Rhubarb, 200g
- Golden caster sugar, 2 tbsp
- Labneh, 400g
- Zaa'tar, 1/2 tsp
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (gas mark 4, 360° Fahrenheit).
- Wash the rhubarb stalks, pat them dry and cut into bitesize chunks or batons.
- Arrange the rhubarb pieces in a roasting tray and coat in the sugar. Cover the tray and place in the oven for ten minutes to soften.
- Remove the foil, pierce with a knife to check that they're soft and put back into the oven for another ten minutes or so to caramelise.
- Meanwhile, spoon the labneh into a bowl. With the back of a spoon, create a few rustic peaks in the cheese to catch small pools of rhubarb juice.
- When the rhubarb is done, bring it out of the oven and allow it to sit for ten minutes. Whilst still warm, fork the rhubarb on top of the labneh. Spoon over some of the sticky sweet juices from the roasting tray and sprinkle on the zaatar spice mix to finish.