Spiced lamb chops with coriander-yoghurt sauce
- Serves: 2
- Ready in: 25 minutes
- Lamb chops, 6
- Green cardamom, 6 pods
- Take your lamb chops out of the fridge and transfer to some greaseproof paper.
- Whilst they're getting to room temperature, start with your coriander sauce. Grate the zest of your lime and squeeze its juice into a food processor. Add the remaining ingredients, season with salt and blitz until smooth. Transfer to a bowl and place in your fridge until ready serve.
- Now you can start on the spice rub for the chops. Dry fry the spices in your frying pan over medium heat until fragrant to release their natural oils, around 2-3 minutes. Move the spices frequently so they don't burn. Grind in a pestle and mortar/spice grinder.
- Next, generously season your chops on both sides with salt and pepper and coat in your spice mix. Shake off any excess. Heat a drizzle of oil in a griddle pan over medium-high heat.
- Place the chops fat-side down into the pan. After some of the fats have redered, cook on either side of the chop until done - around 5 minutes for medium, 7 minutes for well done. Press down on the fatty parts with your utensil to make them crispy.