Strawberry and basil sorbet
- Serves: 8
- Ready in: 4 hours 30 minutes
- Strawberries, 1kg
- Basil leaves, 20g
- Granulated sugar, 100g
- Lime, 1
- Water, 150ml
- Start by making the sugar syrup. Pour your sugar and water into a small saucepan and bring to the boil, stirring frequently. When the sugar has dissolved, transfer to a heatproof container and set aside to cool (around 20 minutes).
- Wash your strawberries under cold water and chop off their leafy tops. Put them into a food processor with the lime juice. First pulse the fruit to chop evenly and then blitz to a smooth puree.
- Using a spatula, press the strawberry puree through a sieve and over a large bowl to remove most of the seeds.
- Returning to your food processor, blitz the basil until finely chopped. When cool, add in the sugar syrup and whizz up again to combine with the herbs. Stir this into your bowl of strawberry puree.
- Transfer to a freezer-proof container or tin. Freeze for at least 3-4 hours, or overnight. When ready to serve, take out of the freezer 10 minutes to make scooping easier.